Comparing Psychotic Disorders
Like many other categories of mental disorders, characteristics of psychotic disorders sometimes overlap, making it difficult to differentiate one from another. For this Discussion, you will compare two subtypes of schizophrenia, two other psychotic disorders, or one subtype of schizophrenia and another psychotic disorder.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Focus on the information in the DSM-5 listing the characteristics of psychotic disorders.
- Notice the characteristics that are similar among all types and those that are different.
- Select two disorders that are of interest to you to compare in your Discussion post.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a comparison of one of the following:
- Two types of schizophrenia
- Two types of psychotic disorders
- One type of schizophrenia and another psychotic disorder
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Read a sampling of your colleagues’ postings. Consider how your colleagues’ postings match or differ from your own.