2023 1 When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar – expert writers hub
Human Resource Management 2023 HRM 531 Human Capital Management FINAL EXAM 114837
1 When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar 2023
1.When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.
2.Properly designed incentive programs work because they are based on two well-accepted psychological principles: (1) increased motivation improves performance and (2)
a. control-based compensation
b. the Rucker plan
c. recognition is a major factor in motivation
d. the Scanlon plan
3.Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
4.In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
invasion of privacy
5.To avoid legal difficulties related to performance appraisals and enhance credibility in court, employers should
document appraisal ratings and reason for termination
present only the employee’s perspective
preset only the manager’s perspective
have friends testify
6.Which of the following is a distinctive feature of the U.S. system compared with other countries?
Wages set by arbitration councils
All agreements are of unlimited duration
Low union dues and small union staffs
7.For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
an increase in the unemployment tax rate
8.____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
Salary cap performance level
9._____ implies that appraisal systems are easy for managers and employees to understand and use.
10.In determining the competitiveness of benefits, senior management tends to focus mainly on
11. Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
Was the cost of training within the budget?
Did change occur?
Is the change due to training?
Is the change positive related to organizational goals?
12. _____ proceeds from an oral warning to a written warning to a suspension to dismissal.
13. Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be inaccurate
Sarbanes–Oxley Act (2002)
Pay for Performance Act (2009)
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009)
Equal Pay Act (1963)
14.A _____ occurs when parties are unable to move further toward settlement.
15. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?
Monetary damages and jury trials
16.If objective performance data are available, which of the following is the best strategy to use?
summated rating scale
work planning and review
17. __________ is the process where managers provide feedback to the employees regarding their past and present job performance proficiency, as well as a basis for improving performance in the future.
18. Which is not a quality of Generation Y?
Short attention spans
The constant need for stimulation/entertainment
Inability to handle numerous projects
A blurring of the lines between work and leisure time while on the job
19. Organizations periodically turn to _________ to meet demands for talent brought about by business growth and a desire for fresh ideas, or to replace employees who leave.
outside labor markets
20. Hard quotas
are a concerted effort by the organization to actively expand the pool of applicants so that no one is excluded because of past or present discrimination
systematically favor women and minorities in hiring and promotion decisions
represent a mandate to hire or promote specific numbers or proportions of women or minority group members
are a commitment to treat all races and sexes equally in all decisions about hiring, promotion, and pay
21. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use?
22. What is our country’s income maintenance program?
PPA (2006), 401(k
23. If employers fail to check closely enough on a prospective employee who then commits a crime in the course of performing his or her job duties, they can be held liable for
quid pro quo
loss of consortium
24. When conduction a performance feedback discussion, active listening require
interruptions to get your point across
verbal communications only
summarizing your key points
summarizing what was said and what was agreed to
25. This made extensive changes to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 that governs employer-sponsored, qualified (for tax deferral) retirement-benefit plans.
The Pension Protection Act (PPA) of 2006
Employer Cost Shifting laws
Short-Term Severance Pay laws
Short-Term Disability laws
26. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
Correcting specific problems of the past
Maximizing workforce commitment
27. _______________ include everything in a work environment that enhances a worker’s sense of self-respect and esteem by others.
General business strategies
Internal pay objectives
#eduessaylab #assignmenthelp #nursingstudents #lawstudents #termpaperbuddy #savvyessaywriters #onlineprowriters #essaywriters4life #exclusivewritings #writinghub.net #collegerpapertutors #expertwritershub
We give our students 100% satisfaction with their assignments, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us to other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason is that we have successfully helped more than 100000 students with their assignments on our inception days. Our expert group has more than 2200 professionals in different topics, and that is not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
Place Order Now