2023 Final Research Paper In the Final Research Paper you will examine your own culture from – expert writers hub
Human Resource Management 2023 ANT 101 WEEK 5
Final Research Paper In the Final Research Paper you will examine your own culture from 2023
Final Research Paper
In the Final Research Paper, you will examine your own culture from an etic (outsider’s) perspective and another culture from an emic (insider’s) perspective to demonstrate your understanding of cultural relativism and examine misconceptions and ethnocentric beliefs concerning each of these cultures. In doing so, you will demonstrate a culturally relativistic perspective, in order to understand why different groups of people do what they do, without expressing a positive or negative opinion of their cultural practices. Keep the distinction between cultural relativism and moral relativism in mind as you write your final paper. Even if you do not personally agree with a cultural practice, demonstrate your understanding of the practice in its cultural context. Avoid opinionated or judgmental language in your paper.
Your Final Research Paper will consist of two main parts, framed by an Introduction and a Conclusion. See the flow chart for a quick overview of the assignment.
Begin with an introductory paragraph that has a thesis statement at the end. The introduction should set up your topic, giving a preview and summary of the analysis you will present in the body of the paper. The thesis statement is the last sentence or two of the introduction and states what the main point structuring your paper will be.
Here is an example of an Introduction.
Using the Miner (1956) article and the feedback you received from your instructor on your “Summarize Your Sources for the Final Research Paper” assignment in Week Three as a guide, describe one aspect of your own culture from an etic perspective. See the appropriate sections in the textbook, based on your chosen topic from Week Three, for information on how to approach your paper from an anthropological perspective. You can describe American culture in general, as Miner does, or you can describe an American subculture, such as a specific geographical group (e.g., New Yorkers), a particular ethnicity (e.g., African Americans), or an age-related category of Americans (e.g., millennials).
Use reputable statistics and/or scholarly research to support any factual statements. Do not rely solely on personal experience or opinion. Here is an example of how to properly support your statements.
Potential sources you can use to support your analysis are listed below. You can also conduct your own research to find other sources.
- United States Census Bureau (http://www.census.gov/)
- Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx)
- Pew Research Center (http://www.pewresearch.org/)
Important: see additional instructions in Part I under Final Paper Requirements.
Here is an example of Part I.
Refer to the article you chose for Part II of the “Summarize Your Sources for the Final Research Paper” assignment in Week Three and describe an aspect of another culture from an emic (insider’s) perspective. You do not have to do research beyond reading your chosen article; however, if you do choose to conduct additional research make sure to use reputable statistics and/or scholarly sources to support any factual statements. Do not rely solely upon personal experience or opinion.
Important: see additional instructions in Part II under Final Paper Requirements.
Here is an example of Part II.
End with a concluding paragraph that reinforces your thesis. Summarize and tie together your main points for the reader. Provide a brief self-reflexive analysis of what you learned while writing this paper.
Important: see additional instructions in Conclusion under Final Paper Requirements.
Here is an example of a Conclusion.
Cultural relativism is the idea that the beliefs and practices of a culture should be understood within the context of that particular culture’s background, history, and current events surrounding it. We should not ethnocentrically impose our own beliefs and opinions, which are products of our own enculturation
Cultural relativism is not the same as moral relativism, however. As Crapo (2013) notes:
“We need not, for instance, come to value infanticide in order to understand the roles it may play in peoples’ lives in a society where it is customary. What cultural relativism requires of us is simply that we do not confuse our own feelings about such a custom with understanding it. To do the latter, we must investigate the meanings the custom has for those who practice it and the functions it may fulfill in their society.”(section 1.4, “Cultural Differences: Cultural Relativism,” para. 3)
(Click links below)
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding title page and references page, meaning it will be seven to eight pages total), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (see the APA Essay Checklist for Students).
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must have well-structured body paragraphs with clear transitions from one topic to the next. Incorporate in-text citations from your scholarly sources to support your analysis throughout the paper.
- Must describe an aspect of your own culture from an etic perspective for Part I.
- Must describe an aspect of another culture from an emic perspective for Part II.
- Must demonstrate a perspective of cultural relativism throughout, avoiding judgmental and opinionated language.
- Must end with a conclusion that that reinforces the thesis and provides a self-reflexive analysis.
- Must use at least one scholarly resource in addition to the textbook, the Miner article, and the article chosen from the list in Part II of the Week Three assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style in the body of the paper and on the references page as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
#eduessaylab #assignmenthelp #nursingstudents #lawstudents #termpaperbuddy #savvyessaywriters #onlineprowriters #essaywriters4life #exclusivewritings #writinghub.net #collegerpapertutors #expertwritershub
We give our students 100% satisfaction with their assignments, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us to other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason is that we have successfully helped more than 100000 students with their assignments on our inception days. Our expert group has more than 2200 professionals in different topics, and that is not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
Place Order Now