READ SECTION NINE OF YOUR TEXT BOOK( THE AFRICAN DIASPORA EXPERIENCE ) : THE ROLE OF RELIGIONS IN THE AFRICAN DIASPORA, PP. 441 -499.
There are several African-oriented religions and religious beliefs that are found among peoples of African descent in countries of the Caribbean, South America, Central America, and North America. Identify one of these religions in any of these countries and write one to one-and-a-half-page paper about that religion. Remember that Islam and Christianity are NOT African-oriented religions.
Consider the following to guide your writings.
- State the religion as the heading/title of the paper.
- Your introduction in a short paragraph.
- What country the religion is practiced in the New World
- When this religion was introduced in the New World and from what part of Africa?
- Identify the people (eg. Ethnic groups or nationalities) that are believed that have practiced this religion in Africa.
- What aspects of the religious practices are believed to be African and which ones are not African?
- What is /are the central belief(s) of this religion?
- Your conclusion in a short paragraph .