We’re going to borrow from the textbook and use this set of questions to guide your analysis. You must cut and paste this bullet-ed and numbered format and use it in your summary.
- Choose one art work from an in person experience, and NOT from seeing the art in a book, or Internet.
- Provide an image of the artwork- it can be a selfie or just the art, but it MUST be taken by you and not from the Internet.
- Be considerate of the arts location….If it’s in a public space, it’s site specific. Relate this back to your selected artwork and how the artwork appears to be related to the location.
- Title of work, date, size, medium, and subject matter
- Location of the art (city, neighborhood)
- First glance (What caught your eye?)
- How are the elements applied in the work? (chapter 2 terms)
- What is around the work (next to, behind, above, nearby, etc.)?
- What is your personal interpretation? How do you feel about it?
In addition to the list of places to view art (within the document in this week’s module), you can also go to ANY museum, or just even the grounds of Balboa Park!
WRITTEN SUMMARY REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide the information in the numbered format above.
- CITE sources, if you use them (it is not necessary to use another source other than your text book). Your submission will be scanned through for originality. I will use this data to inform your grade. If you do not cite, it will “appear” that plagiarism is taking place.
- Limit your Summary to one page. Exceeding WILL result in a grade drop.
- Must be submitted as a pdf file.