Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 3
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider a few terrorist activities since the 1980s until today. Here is a starting point:
- 1983: United States Embassy in Beirut and Kuwait is bombed
- 1988: Osama bin Laden re-organizes Al Qaeda in Pakistan to carry out attacks
- 1993: World Trade Center Bombing (first time)
- 1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
- 1998: United Stated Embassy bombings Nairobi and Sar Es Salaam
- 2001: 9/11 Bombing of the World Trade Centers
- 2001: Bio Terrorism begins (anthrax letters and Bill Gates’s warnings on bio terrorism)
- 2013: Boston Marathon Bombings
- 2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Then, address three (3) of the following and craft a response, as a whole, for your selections:
- Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
- Analyze the responsibility of the United States today to be the world’s “policeman.”
- Assess if peace and stability in the Middle East are vital to U.S. economy and national security.
- If the United States withdrew its troops from the Middle East tomorrow, would the terrorist threat end. Why or why not?
- Assess if the use of military force is the only way to prevent terrorism. Are the other possible alternatives? Which strategy is best and why?