This assignment is designed to identify how decisions impact a business. Corporations have an obligation to be ethical at all times. For this assignment; the student will identify potential ethical implications surrounding the decision, and how this may impact the decision-making process. From there, corporate social responsibility will be explained and how it can impact the outcome of decision-making for an organization.
Identify a business in your local community. This can be your current place of employment or a business with which you are familiar.
Select the business decision by this organization and submit to your instructor for approval via private message at the beginning of Week 5 but no later than Thursday. (*Approved topic below*)
Develop a 1,050-word examination of the ethics and social responsibility practices within the organization.
Include the following in your examination:
- Select a business decision within the organization.
- Identify the potential ethical implications associated with this decision.
- Determine the effect this may have on the decision making process.
- Identify how the organization applies corporate social responsibility to the business.
- Evaluate the influence that corporate social responsibility has on the organization.
- Discuss the application of critical thinking to corporate social responsibility.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines
***I have chosen to go with the insurance company State Farm. The business decision made was to honor the DOLs fiduciary rule and discontinue allowing agents to sell mutual funds and other retirement investment products. Investors will only be able to buy these products through a call center therefore licensed agents will lose out on the commission associated with these products.