Complete a research essay on the government and healthcare. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
The U.S. healthcare system has been a controversial topic for decades. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about the American healthcare system.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- 400 word minimum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting will be APA, or MLA
- You are a White House Staff Member working for a newly inaugurated President. The President is preparing the first “State of the Union” address to Congress which will outline the president’s vision for addressing current issues facing the United States.
- You will research issues to create the President’s address. The president is not a dictator. The proposals must consider the Constitution, relevant court rulings, and public opinion.
- Writing tip – Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).