Attached is a file U02A1 which has the outline for this paper for the bones of what I am wanting to write about. Please use this to finish Assignment 10 final paper.
https://courserooma.capella.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/SOC/SOC2000/160100/Scoring_Guides/u10a1_scoring_guide.html By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe theoretical ideas of power in relation to policy.
- Summarize the research project using sociological language and concepts.
- Provide appropriate background discussion and highlight key sociological concepts that pertain to discrimination experienced by a group.
- Competency 2: Identify historical and contemporary influences of discrimination in American culture.
- Recognize historical experiences of discrimination.
- Differentiate the varied experience of different social groups.
- Identify social trends that influence power.
- Competency 3: Analyze the effects of social policy using aggregated data.
- Determine the best data collection method based on the research questions.
- Collect data and prepare charts and tables for analysis.
- Correlate data to a social policy position.
- Properly document the use of data.
- Competency 4: Analyze how laws are applied based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and social class.
- Demonstrate the relationship among sociological theories, policies, and concepts.
- Examine alternative solutions to diversity issues.
- Competency 5: Apply diversity strategies in professional, educational, and personal contexts.
- Recognize opportunities where diversity is needed to address social problems.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- State and support a clear central idea in a coherently organized document.
- Use the accepted form and style of the field.
- Follow conventional rules for style, format, grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Respect the dignity, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and individuality of other people.
Overall, this course focuses on issues of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, social class, age, or religion in our society from a theoretical perspective. But can we find examples of this in our daily society as we interact with various others? That is the question you will answer in this Measuring Diversity in a Social Environment project as you decide on a data collection process, collect this data, and analyze it in a sociological context. This will give you an opportunity to practice sociological analysis and observation and to examine the society you occupy daily in more detail. After collecting your data, you will write a sociological research report on your findings.
For more information on your final project, see the Resources.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and format.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly (peer-reviewed) resources, one of which must be statistical. One popular source, such as a newspaper article or news media program, can be included. No more than two sources may come from the course textbooks.
- Length of paper: 6–8 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times or Times New Roman, 12 point.