A short mini-essay (approx. 500 words) based on the course readings listed for the given two topics. Within the mini-essay incorporate aspects from the concepts in the course that is provided for you. The purpose of this mini essay is to synthesize and compare/contrast material from these two topics using some (but not all) the reading information provided to back it up.
Topic: Please create a unique creative title for the essay.
Citation: Be sure to cite all the relevant readings, and when you paraphrase or directly quote from a course reading, give a citation both within the text and at the works cited page. You may, but you do not need to use outside sources beyond the assigned materials.
Topic 1: Digitalizing Education at Schools
- LECTURE SESSION 13: Digitizing Education, Part 1File
- TED Talks on Educational ExperimentsURLView short videos by Robinson, Mulgan, Sethi, Eggers, and Bose, as well as any others that interest you: TED talks on K-12education.
- Kolibri ProjectURLKolibri Project a unique effort to bridge the digital divide by taking online educational materials and making them available offline.
- Further Reading on Digital Humanities ScholarshipURL
Topic 2: Digitalizing Education at Universities
- LECTURE SESSION 14: Digitizing Education, Part 2File
- Parry, “End Knowledge Cartels” URL
- Nalder, “Will MOOCs Break the Education Cartel?”URL
- Toyama, “Why Technology Will Never Fix Education”URL
- Coleman, Reinvent the Liberal ArtsURL
- Jemison, Teachlng the Arts & Sciences TogetherURL
Please be as comprehensive as possible in writing and editing of your work before handing it into me because I need to be receiving A+ on the assignment 🙂
Login information to access the links will be provided after choosing tutor.