Part 1: For this assignment, find a scholarly article on your Week 4 short story in the SUO Library. First, complete the lecture on conducting research in the SUO Library. Next, enter the online library and find one credible, scholarly source examining the short story that was the focus of your Week 4 rough draft. Do not use popular publications, such as summaries from Masterplots or The Introduction to Literary Context, or other media that are not research oriented. Refer to this video provided for this course by South University Online Library Services.
Post an annotation of your source to the discussion board. Your annotation should include:
- A complete APA citation of your scholarly article
- A paragraph of summary of the key points presented in your source
- A paragraph explaining the source’s quality and how it is relevant to your analytical essay
Here is an example of an annotated APA entry (not an actual source):
Smith, A. (2016). Journey into the unknown. American Literature, 22(3), 4-5.
Part 2 :Revise the Week 4 analytical essay by doing the following:
- Consider how you want to incorporate the ideas and arguments from the outside source you located for your Week 5 scholarly article discussion. Include at least one quotation from the source in your final draft. Be sure to use APA style to cite it appropriately in the body of the essay and in the references section.
- Consider the feedback you received on your rough draft from your instructor, peers, and Smarthinking (if submitted for review), and determine what changes you want to make. Do you need a more engaging opener or a stronger thesis? Do you need to reinforce your arguments and add more supporting evidence? Do you have areas to develop or clarify? Are you satisfied with your conclusion?
- Once you have revised the essay, review it for editing issues. Run the spell checker and grammar checker in Word, and then proofread, looking for typos the checkers might have missed. Read it out loud to listen for awkward places and fine tune the flow.
- Make sure you have applied APA rules of style to source citations as well as the overall formatting of your essay.