1.The reality principle is to the pleasure principle as ________ is to ________ .
2.Jung called the young heroes and nurturing mother figures of both ancient and modern literature
3. Which theorist conceived the inferiority complex?
4. Individualistic cultures are to collectivist cultures as ________ is to ________ .
5. Phrenologists assessed intelligence and other personality traits by
6. Harry had a big fight with his mother the day before she died. At first, he felt tremendous guilt each time that he thought about it. Now, a month later, he has totally forgotten not only why they were fighting but that they ever argued at all. Harry is using which defense mechanism?
7. Eddie is three years old. According to Freud’s theory of the psychosexual stages of development, in the next two years, Eddie’s sexual energies will be
8. Raiza is not particularly anxious, outgoing, conventional, or organized. She is, however, extremely sensitive to other people’s needs. She would score HIGH on which of the “Big Five” factors?
9. Theodore has an internal locus of control. When he got an “A” on the chemistry test, he might have likely said,
10. Rob thinks that all women are only after him for his money. According to Mischel, that is an example of which of Rob’s cognitive person variables?
11. Research has supported the existence of which of the following Freudian concepts?
12. On Peter’s report card, the teacher wrote: “Peter is a sociable and enthusiastic child. He is conscientious when it comes to taking care of the hamsters and guinea pigs, but is otherwise very sloppy, forgetful, and disorganized.” Which of the above refers to a secondary trait?
13. Which of the following is TRUE about Raymond Cattell’s source traits:
14. A child in a collectivist culture, unlike an American child, is likely to be taught
15. Why was the MMPI-2 developed?
16. Because Eileen saw animals, but not people, in every one of the 10 Rorschach cards, the examiner noted that she may