Please read the instructions thoroughly before working on discussion
ASSIGNED READING FOR DISCUSSION: ARISTOTLE
Book 3, Book 4, Book 5 (ch.5-9). Book 6 (ch.1-6), Book 7 (ch.1-3, 13-15)
Instructions for Discussion response
Discussion response should contain two parts:
1) a brief summary of weekly readings, and
2) your thoughts on one topic (your choice) from the reading.
- You can choose ANY topic you want to think about and write, as long as it is related to the weekly reading.
- Your post must explicitly refer to the assigned readings in order to demonstrate that you have read the material. You need to cite all the weekly readings in your post, and the number of citations should be more than three, they should come from the book.
How to cite? Read the bottom section.
- The post should be longer than 250 words (250-300 words are recommended).
How to Cite Sources
- For all references to the readings, you must provide a page number to indicate which passage in the text you are referring to.
- We used Stephanus numbers to cite Plato. For Aristotle, there is Bekker numbering, which serves the same function as the Stephanus numbers. For instance, Politics Book 1 starts from 1252a1. Use Bekker numbering to cite Aristotle’s work.
- Read and follow