This Assignment is composed of two parts:
Think about what you would like to learn about developmental change; then create your own research question that would require using either a longitudinal, cross-sectional, or sequential design. In one page, write out your question and explain which design would be most appropriate to answer the question and why.
Go to the Kaplan online Library and find one longitudinal, cross-sectional, or sequential research article that studies development in infants, children, or adolescents. Be sure that the article that you find is an empirical peer-reviewed article, with an abstract, purpose, methods, results, and a conclusion. If you are unsure about your article choice or have difficulty finding an appropriate article, please contact your instructor for help.
Write a two-page summary of the research. Be sure to address the following questions in your summary:
- What was the research question the author was investigating in the study?
- How did the author(s) conduct the research? What methods were used? Be sure to name the research design (longitudinal, cross-sectional, or sequential).
- What conclusions were made based on the research?
Clearly identify your chosen article by citing it within the text of the summary and referencing it on a reference page
- Please type your Assignment using 12-point Times New Roman font and double-spacing.
- This Assignment should be three pages, not including the title page or reference page.
- You must provide a citation using APA format in the form of in-text citations for any sources used.
- Remember to include a title page at the start of, and a reference list at the conclusion of, your Assignment. The KU Writing Center has information on how to use APA formatting. You can access the Writing Center with the following link https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/IndexNew.aspx
Here is what my professor said, I think that’s a good research question for Part 1 of the assignment – “Does parent addiction have an effect on adolescent social development?” In the first part of the assignment, you need to create your own research question and explain which design (longitudinal, cross-sectional, or sequential) would be most appropriate to answer the question and why. So for this part, you do not really need to research the topic other than to figure out which research design would be the best to use.
In Part 2 of the assignment, you need to find one longitudinal, cross-sectional, or sequential empirical peer-reviewed research article that studies development in infants, children, or adolescents and write a two-page summary of the research. This can be an article on any topic in child development that you are interested in and does not have to relate to the topic in Part 1. For Part 2 you should use the Kaplan Library to find your article. If you can find a peer-reviewed research article online (like through Google Scholar) that is fine too.
Let me know if you have any questions. Must pass a plagiarizer check. Thanks in advance